MusicNSW is the peak body representing Contemporary Music in NSW. It is not for profit Industry Association set up to represent, promote and develop the contemporary music industry in New South Wales, Australia, in addition to managing a number of Music Development projects. MusicNSW exists to support the creative and economic expansion of the NSW contemporary Music Industry through advocacy, resource assistance, activating growth of industry infrastructure, delivery of tailored initiatives and provision of advice and referrals.
Its objectives are to:
- To ensure that the interests of the NSW contemporary music industry are adequately addressed by the media, government and cultural bodies.
- To empower communities around NSW to retain their musical identity and foster audiences for local material.
- To provide the NSW contemporary music industry with advice and resources and have available systemized information that can be updated regularly and disseminated widely.
- To increase industry professionalism and skills at all levels and sectors of the NSW contemporary music industry through education and training.
- To develop regional, national and international recording and performance opportunities for NSW musicians.
- To provide coordination services between musicians, grass roots music organisations, industry bodies and government bodies.
Advocacy and Representation
MusicNSW continues to grow and develop in its representation and advocacy role.
With increasing demands for assistance from the range of sectors that make up the industry and government at all levels, MusicNSW takes an active role in developing statewide strategies to improve services to contemporary music.
MusicNSW continues to develop projects based on identified industry needs. Through our core projects (Indent, Whichway and Sound Summit) MusicNSW develops programs specific to increasing access and opportunities to and within the music industry.
- AMIN (The Australian Music Industry Network)
- Arts NSW
- APRA [Australian Performing Rights Association]
- OCYP [Office of Children and Young People]
- Arts NSW
- Australia Council for the Arts
Membership Information: http://www.musicnsw.com/friends-with-benefits/
Support Letter: https://music.us/letters/Music_New_South_Wales_MusicNSW.pdf