Manitoba Music, Part of the Canadian Music Coalition
Manitoba Music is the hub of Manitoba’s vibrant music community and was established in 2000.
Manitoba Music is a member-based, not-for-profit industry association representing over 750 members in all facets of the music industry, including artists and bands, studios, agents, managers, songwriters, venues, promoters, producers, and beyond. Manitoba Music serves all genres, from rock to roots, hip-hop to hardcore, country to classical, and everything in between.
Through its programs and services, Manitoba Music provides information, education, communication, advocacy, industry development, and networking opportunities to nurture, develop and promote the growth and sustainability of the Manitoba music industry.
Manitoba Music has a state-of-the art resource centre, a website that overflows with mp3s and profiles, resources and news, a comprehensive series of industry-related workshops, a far-reaching market development program, and the only Aboriginal music program of its kind in the world.
Mission Statement: “To develop and sustain the Manitoba music community and industry to their fullest potential.”
Vision Statement: “Manitoba Music is known worldwide as the hub of Manitoba’s vibrant music community.”
Manitoba Music’s Values and Beliefs – Manitoba Music believes in and will demonstrate, through its policy and actions, the values of:
Manitoba Music believes:
- Music is an integral part of Manitoba’s cultural identity and should be recognized as such;
- The music and sound recording industries are significant contributors to economic development in Manitoba;
- The Manitoba music industry is increasing its artistic, creative, technological and competitive presence within the global music industry;
- Fair and equitable compensation for the use of copyrighted creations should be an inherent right of the creator;
- Partnering, community involvement, and cooperative development are essential for the continuing growth of the Manitoba music and sound recording industries;
- Manitoba Music supports, believes in, and will endeavor to reflect the diversity of society and industry.
Manitoba Music has representation with the following organizations:
- Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (FACTOR)
- Western Canadian Music Alliance (WCMA)
- Winnipeg Host Committee
- Manitoba Aboriginal Host Committee
- Canadian Council of Music Industry Associations (CCMIA)
- Canadian Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (CARAS-Juno Awards)
- Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC), Music Industry Training Development Initiative
- Alliance for Manitoba Sector Councils
- Canadian Folk Music Awards
- Unison Benevolent Fund
Support Letter: http://music.us/letters/CIMA_Canada.pdf